MARIST MISSION CONGRESS 2012 STATEMENT
We, the participants of the Marist Mission Congress 2012, affirm that the story of our spirituality is one of passion for God and compassion for people. We believe on the centrality of Jesus in our life and mission that makes us “prophets and mystics in daily life” – credible “story-tellers of Jesus” who bring the Gospel into all dimensions of human life and society.
Nourished by the Eucharist and deepened by our experience of God’s love that impels us to mission, we acknowledge our rich Asian cultural values and the importance of an inculturated Marist Apostolic Spirituality in Asia.
Committed to our Marist charism and in response to our present realities, we:
- strive to create discerning minds and hearts that espouse peace and harmony with God and all his creation;
- intensify our spirituality of dialogue with cultures, religious traditions and with the peoples of Asia, especially the poor;
- promote common formation among mission partners to deepen our identity and vocation;
- continue our efforts in addressing issues and concerns of the least favored in society: indigenous peoples, women, children and the marginalized groups; and
- strengthen the implementation of all our initiatives of the 8th Marist Education Congress Statement.
Moved by the Spirit, guided by Mary and inspired by Saint Marcellin Champagnat, we continue to be pilgrims of hope as we fulfill our mission of making JESUS known and loved.